Ustaoset: Noise test, seismograph site evaluation
15 Oct 2010
As site evaluation, a noise test was performed at Ustaoset in the period 12 Oct - 16 Oct 2010.
- Laptop with SeisLog and SeisComp/SeedLinkserver
- Güralp DM24-S3 digitizer, S/N: A1236
- Trillium 120P sensor, S/N: 000549
- Junction boxes (demo version)
4 Sensor location
- Unfortunately no contact with solid rock. Instead, sensor was placed on slab with fine sand underneath.
Stairway to basement. Sensor can be seen.
Fine sand as slab bedding.
Position of sensor and digitizer (blue warm water tank).
Sensor oriented towards N.
5 Cultural noise
- Refrigerator in kitchen: Compressor generates fairly strong vibrations in floor.
- There is a water pressure tank situated close to the sensor. The pressure sensor operates a relay which generates a clicking sound when operated.
- Water pump is located in borehole 25 m deep, 10 meter west of sensor.
- AC voltage entry as power line attached to cottage wall. Power pole approx 30 m away.
- People moving ....